5 Hobbies That Can Earn You Money ($1,000+Month or More)
Starting a new side hustle can be daunting, especially if you’re unsure about what you’re passionate about. But that doesn’t mean you can’t develop ideas for a profitable side gig.
Have a think about what you enjoy doing on a daily basis. There are many hobbies that can earn you money and bring in a nice extra bit of cash around your 9-5.
Whether you enjoy arts, crafts, fitness, languages, DIY or travelling, there is likely to be a way you can make it profitable.
Want to Make Extra Money Right Now?
- Acorns: Get a free $10 just for signing up and start saving for your future. Your spare change is invested for you by experts. No investment knowledge is required! Join Acorns Now.
- Opinion Inn: Make money completing surveys in your spare time. Join and get a free $10 bonus.
- Swagbucks: Earn easy money taking surveys, watching videos, playing games and shopping online. Join now and get a $5 bonus.
- DoorDash: Drive for DoorDash and start earning money on your own time! No passengers, no bosses, no limits! Join to start earning $500+ a week.
If you’re a musician, there is money to be made on the side in this industry. You can earn from live gigs, online streaming platforms, and selling your merch, and you can do it all from home.
Many musicians are finding that streaming services like Spotify or Apple Music are their primary source of income now, though these platforms don’t offer a ton of money to performers.
But if you set yourself up on a platform like Soundcloud, you can make a decent side income from streaming your music. If you’re not so keen on live performances, you can make money by creating music that’s specifically designed to sell other products.
You can write and produce soundtracks for commercials, as well as write songs that other businesses use in their marketing materials. Learn More about the products you might need to invest in to pursue this option.
If your passion is writing, you’re in luck. There are many ways to make money with this hobby, and you don’t necessarily have to become a full-time novelist to get your foot in the door. Many online content creators are turning to Patreon to monetize their blogs.
If you write about a specific niche or have a large enough following to make a go at it, this is a great way to bring in a stable income. Other ways to make money writing include ghostwriting for clients, writing eBooks, filling out forms, writing about sports and applying for writing jobs on freelancer platforms.
Learn how to start a freelance writing business:
- How to Become a Freelance Writer with No Experience (Ultimate Beginner Guide)
- How to Find Freelance Clients as a New Writer
- How to Build a Writing Portfolio with No Experience
- 22 Hugely Profitable Writing Niches (+How to Get Started with Each)
- 11 Best Freelance Writing Gigs for Newbie Writers
- 10 Best Free Online Writing Courses for New Writers
If you love to cook, it might be time to make a few bucks from your hobby. If you already have a recipe blog or are a professional chef, you can monetize your site or cookbook. If you don’t have a blog, you can still make money from your cooking skills.
Franchises like Eat N Drink have popped up in major cities, giving you the chance to make money while you cook.
Cooking classes are another great way to make money from your passion. If you’re planning on going this route, ensure you’re certified and speak to your local health department about any food safety guidelines you need to follow.
If you’re in the garden every day, this is one of the hobbies that can earn you money. Excess produce can be sold to friends or through an online marketplace like Instacart. You can also sell plants and gardening supplies or become a freelance gardener.
If you’re looking to get paid to garden, you can apply to be part of an online platform or find a local service that needs help.
There are also opportunities to make money by becoming a test plot farmer. This is usually done on a large-scale basis in rural areas where soil conditions are controlled.
You can make money by monetizing your DIY skills if you’re handy with the tools. Create a list of the most common DIY projects and how to complete them. You can join many sites to get paid to take on small jobs.
If you have a blog, you can monetise it with brand sponsorships, paid guest posts and affiliate partnerships.
You can also monetise your social channels. Other ways to make money from your DIY skills include selling your tools or materials and finding a part-time job at a hardware store.
Final Thoughts on Hobbies that Can Earn You Money
Now you know five hobbies that can earn you money. This list is not endless and there are many different ways to make extra cash in your spare time.
If you work on setting up passive income streams, you can make money even while you’re sleeping! But, be aware that work needs to be put in up front before you reach the earning stage.
Have you tried earning money from any of the hobbies mentioned? I’d love to know your experiences in the comment section!
More ways to make side hustle cash:
- How to Make Money from Focus Groups (Up to $300/Hour)
- 10 Fitness Side Hustles You Can Do in Your Spare Time
- The Ultimate Guide to Making Money from Expired Domain Names
- 13 Beauty Side Hustles to Make $2,000/Month in Your Spare Time
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.